Job Outlook in Vermont
High Demand

What you might do
Audiologists work with patients who have hearing, balance, or other ear problems.  They diagnose and treat ear problems and fit patients with hearing aids.  They can also advise patients and their families about different ways to communicate, such as lip reading.

Where you might work
Doctor’s office, audiology clinic, hospital, school.

Related Links
My Next Move: Audiologists
O*Net Online: Audiologists
Occupational Outlook Handbook: Audiologists
American Academy of Audiology
Vermont Speech-Language Hearing Association (VSHA)

Education Required
Audiologists hold a doctoral degree (4 years after a 4-year bachelor’s degree).

Where to Study

For more information, contact your regional AHEC:

Northern Vermont AHEC

Southern Vermont AHEC