Speech-Language Pathologist

Also called: Speech Therapist

Job Outlook in Vermont
High Demand

What you might do
Speech-Language Pathologists work with patients who have problems with speech or swallowing.  They may help patients learn to make sounds, overcome stuttering, or strengthen the muscles needed to swallow.

Where you might work
School, speech therapy office, hospital, long-term care facility.

Related Links
My Next Move: Speech-Language Pathologists
O*Net Online: Speech-Language Pathologists
Occupational Outlook Handbook: Speech-Language Pathologists
Vermont Speech-Language Hearing Association (VSHA)
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)

Education Required
Most Speech-Language Pathologists hold a master’s degree (2 years after a 4-year bachelor’s degree).

Where to Study

For more information, contact your regional AHEC:

Northern Vermont AHEC


Southern Vermont AHEC